The concept of dead and alive came to me from a Comic strip in which aliens ate live meat, humans asked the aliens how could they eat something which was still alive and the aliens simply asked how could we eat something which was dead.
Visited Uttam nagar by lanes today which had Shop after shop of mutton and pork, generally I have a strong Constitution and blood and gore does not make my stomach go squeezy but so much of blood in the drains and so many bloodless and lifeless goats and pigs stripped .... Made me think.
The cross section of the pork meat in so much of abundance robbed me of my love for bacon, for how long ? I do not know ?
I have seen headless chicken fly and I have eaten the same chicken. I love chicken meat, I tolerate mutton and I love bacon but bones make me lose my appetite. Chicken patty stuffed between burger buns is fine but the oversized KFC chicken legs makes me lose my love for it.
Stuffed Chicken breast made by Pooja makes me want to live for another life time.
Beef is also an amazing item how can you not like tunday ke kebab, beef sliders in Goa made by Vandana are to die for.
For Almost 5 short or long years, I quit eating non vegetarian stuff, thanks to my monthly visits to pick LPG cylinder @ 6 am and watching the activity at the Lucknow butchery and the carcasses and the thela and rickshaw "load" of meat covered with blood stained, age old daily used same piece of cloth, as I write this - the memories of aversion revisits. "Screw the aversion", reached home to devour "amazing mutton chops," there is nothing that Pooja can't transform.
This note was written on the 19th of December 2011. Brought into the foreground of the mind by the ban on beef. All of a sudden the question arises - is it really a free country anymore. Tomorrow we might have to stop eating vegetables.
Plant cells are alive all the time, right upto the time they are chopped and hit the sizzling frying pan or the pressure cooker and subsequently enter your mouth and the acid in your stomach starts acting upon them to extract nutrition for your body.
Science has still not proven that the plant cells are completely dead by the time they pass out of your system.
Just food for thought.
Enjoy your meal whatever be your choice.


No comments:
Post a Comment