UNPLUGGED.
Those were the only set of wires that mattered back then.
Cut to 2015, 21 feb Saturday, I reached work and took out the laptop and plugged in the power cord and that's when It struck me, I was wired for life, for the power cord was followed by the lan patch cord, followed by the iPhone charging cord that went into the laptop, then came out the external battery charger cord that again went out into laptop, next came out the hands free ear phones that went into the phone to prevent radiation and my brains from getting fried all day.
Remove even one wire out of this set one by one and life will stop after some time.
Cut back to 6 feb 2015. Had a severe headache. Unplugged all the wires and stuffed them in the bag and drove home. The pain so severe that I felt I would rather die than be able to suffer the pain along with the sinking feeling. So next we visit the hospital emergency room with Pooja carrying the bag with all the wires cos can't risk leaving them in the car. If the car was stolen, life could go on, but without the wires NO WAY.
Next thing I know was that the wires that mattered in life were still in my bag and out came lots of wires in cool colours and clips clamped to my arms and legs and suction cap electrodes on my chest.
Emergency ECG.
All of a sudden the one thought that struck me as I was staring at the bright white light on the ceiling while the machine spewed the paper with the printouts for the doctor to understand whatever that meant.
PAIN and throbbing pain and only more pain and I just didn't give a damn other than Hope the doctor does something for that, I was not in control of the wires that went in or out.
What followed was routine protocol to relieve the pain.
What that meant was that wires had a new meaning in life.
Wires for sound. Wires for living life. Wires for measuring life.
19th feb 2015, some one I knew, who lived life with an epic smile passed away after a long fight, God had pulled the plug at age 46 from someone who had the will to live.
That's our connection with wires and more wires and more cords and synaptic transmission. I think it's high time we unwire ourselves before God pulls out the plug cos we can't unwind ourselves.
MTv Unplugged was the best series ever created, but unplugged has a new meaning in life now.


No comments:
Post a Comment