The doctor's board reads physician and intensivist. I google the word : Intensivist: A physician who specializes in the care of critically ill patients, usually in an intensive care unit (ICU).
All I know is that he brought my wife practically speaking not to exaggerate "back from the death bed".
I have no problems in waiting.
That's 3.6 minutes to a patient including smiling and hearing and writing a prescription and measuring BP and pulse, listening through the stethoscope.............
Life threatening and life saving split second alternate courses of medications reviewed and chosen all in the mind.
For those 3.6 minutes of audience with the medicine man, there is a 2 hour round robin life circle of your own to manage and then the intake of the magic pill works or not is a hit out of the ball park or is it just a canter for a home run or simply strike one two and three. Wham you are cured or you keep coming back in hope.
Courtesies exchanged.
All good sir, 😊
BP reads 130/80
Perfectly wonderful.
Let's stick to this one pill and meet after 3 months. In case you feel you want to see me feel free to come.
Any thing I can do to get off this pill ?
Nope ! Live healthy, maintain healthy habits. Walk regularly and low salt intake.
I curse and mutter under my breath and as always say "Thank you so much for your time sir. "
My share of 3.6 minutes ends and the doc smiles and takes off his reading glasses and packs up for the day !
I would not exchange my life for his, not for all the money and all the good things that life has to offer to anyone in the world because I would just keep wondering if what I did in those 216 seconds each time was the right thing or not and here was this man doing it day in and day out,week after week, month after month, year after year with a smile on his face. 😊
I still remember - Even when he said "sweetheart admission is not an option." He said it with a smile on his face.
I like a man whose smile and shoulders are always fighting the existence of gravity.
I guess that's how you choose a physician for life, someone who knows what to do when things go drastically wrong too and handles it with a 😊

No comments:
Post a Comment